From the inviting front porch to the expansive back yard, this four square Victorian on a .44 acre lot is classic South Orange. There are high ceilings, large windows and hardwood floors throughout. The first floor features a foyer with leaded glass sidelights, living room, dining room, family room, sunroom and updated eat-in-kitchen. Pocket doors create privacy in the dining room, living room and family room. There is also an updated powder room where guests can refresh. The second floor features four bedrooms and two full bathrooms, and the master bedroom has two closets. The fifth bedroom and additional full bathroom are on the third floor. The third floor also has plenty of storage space. There is a two car detached garage with loft storage and a large unfinished basement. The right updates would add tremendous value in this location. This home is only .7 miles from the South Orange train station, or a 13 minute walk. It is also within an easy stroll of the South Mountain Elementary School.
The South Mountain Neighborhood
The South Mountain neighborhood, where this home is located, is a prime location in South Orange. It is known as a beautiful, peaceful, family friendly community. Neighbors love the area for its walkability. And the neighbors are welcoming and friendly. Some of the many benefits to living in this area are:
- The bustling South Orange Village is an easy walk away for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- The South Orange Community Pool is within walking distance.
- It is just a short walk to Flood’s Hill Park for year round outdoor activities. Floods Hill is THE place for sledding in winter.
- Cameron Field Playground is a fun place to bring your kids for an afternoon outside.
- The Baird Community Center, a multi-room recreational facility with adjacent tennis courts, is also within easy walking distance.
- Duck Pond, another recreational facility, offers winter skating, bocce and horseshoes.
- Elementary school kids can walk to the South Mountain Elementary School.
- Middle school kids can easily walk to the Middle School.
339 Cumberland Rd. is a place you can easily call home and one you will be proud to share with friends and loved ones.
Contact Allison Ziefert at 917-751-0448 for details and showings.
The Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group is a top producing real estate group based at Keller Williams Mid-Town Direct in Maplewood, NJ. Allison Ziefert, a local market expert, specializes in Maplewood, South Orange, Millburn/Short Hills and West Orange, NJ real estate and homes, and the surrounding towns. Allison’s success as a Maplewood/South Orange realtor is driven by earning great testimonials from sellers and buyers of homes in her marketplace. You can read her testimonials at www.azhomesnj.com/testimonials.