Public Open House:
Saturday March 9, 2019 2:00 – 4:00pm
Sunday, March 10, 2019 2:00 – 4:00pm
Situated in the West Montrose section, this classic colonial located at 286 Meeker Street, is positioned to take full advantage of all this thriving community has to offer. Enjoy spectacular park views from this charming home. Located within only blocks are parks, the community pool, schools and South Orange’s charming village. Walk to NYC commuter trains, while there is easy access to major highways and business centers.
Now step inside. A delightful screened porch greets you as you enter. Enjoyed from early Spring through late Fall, this porch offers 180-degree views of your surroundings. Crossing the threshold, you enter a spacious living room. A wood burning fireplace takes center stage and is flanked on either side by built-in bookcases. A charming turned staircase leads the way to the second level, while a broad entry reveals the formal dining room with French doors to the patio and backyard beyond. For the busy home cook the kitchen features plenty of cabinet storage and counter space, while appliances are just a step or two in any direction. Space remains for your breakfast table and chairs set against a picture window with views of the backyard. Three bedrooms, including the master suite, occupy the second and third levels, assuring ample space and comfort for all. The tree house-like master suite with triple windows and en suite bath overlooks the park and trees. The lower level is unfinished and includes a laundry room, storage and utilities.
Outside, the deck overlooks the backyard. There’s lots of space for dining al fresco, while the fenced backyard welcomes active play and gardening.
For additional information and photos, please go to 286MeekerSt.com.
The West Montrose neighborhood is a prime location in South Orange. It is known as a beautiful, peaceful, family friendly community. It has just the right mix of suburban lifestyle, easy access to NYC and plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. Friendly, welcoming neighbors love the area for its walkability. It is ideally located between the South Orange and Mountain Station stops on the NJ Transit Midtown Direct line which provides flexibility for commuting.
The neighborhood associations in South Orange are very active. The West Montrose Neighborhood Association, which was formed in 2011, actively shares information between residents and the community, encourages volunteerism and promotes appreciation for a unique and diverse community. Neighborhood BBQs and cocktail parties happen regularly and create a great sense of community and inclusion. All board members are volunteers and there are many committees with additional volunteer opportunities for local residents.
The homes in the area tend to be a mix of stately Colonials, Tudors and old world Victorians.
Some of the many benefits to living in this area are:
- The bustling South Orange Village is an easy walk away for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- The West Montrose neighborhood is located between two stops on the NJ Transit Midtown Direct line which provides flexibility for commuting to NYC.
- It is just a short walk to Flood’s Hill Park for year round outdoor activities. Floods Hill is THE place for sledding in winter.
- Cameron Field Playground is a fun place to bring your kids for an afternoon outside.
- The South Orange Community Pool is within walking distance.
- The Baird Community Center, a multi-room recreational facility with adjacent tennis courts, is also within easy walking distance.
- Duck Pond, another recreational facility, offers winter skating, bocce and horseshoes.
- Elementary school kids can walk to the South Mountain Elementary School.
- Middle school kids can quickly walk to the South Orange Middle School.
286 Meeker Street in South Orange is a place you can proudly share with family and friends.
Contact Allison Ziefert at 917-751-0448 for more details.