Public Open House:
Saturday, February 29th 2:00 – 4:00pm
Sunday, March 1st 2:00 – 4:00pm
319 Prospect Street in South Orange offers a chance to create a home that truly reflects your personality and lifestyle. This stately Victorian has many fabulous details including high ceilings, wood paneling, stained glass, multiple porches, built-ins, and hardwood floors throughout. Situated on a gorgeous, tree-lined street in one of the area’s most desirable neighborhoods, you are invited to join a thriving community as you make this property your own.
Through loving care and thoughtful updates, this home remains comfortable and elegant. Enter from the nostalgic front porch and through the gracious foyer into the first floor with large main rooms that flow effortlessly from one area to the next. You will be thrilled with the well-appointed kitchen which boasts a Viking range, bluestone countertops, walk in pantry, plenty of cabinet storage and ample counter space. Pocket doors open into the formal dining room with a wood burning fireplace and magnificent built-ins. The second floor features five bedrooms including the master with a new en suite bath. The true third floor can be used for a teen suite, house guests or au pair, and includes a dressing room, large home office, new bath and storage room. The unfinished basement includes a wine room, several storage rooms and multiple closets.
Outside, the pool and patio area welcomes outdoor dining and entertaining, while the backyard is home to active play and gardening. This beautiful home is just a 12 minute walk to the South Orange train station or a 4 minute walk to the Jitney stop. Schools are also within walking distance.
For additional information and photos, please go to 319ProspectSt.com.
The neighborhood where 319 Prospect Street is located, is considered one of the most desirable and centrally located neighborhoods in South Orange. It is known as a beautiful, peaceful, family friendly community. Neighbors love the area for its walkability, and the neighborhood is welcoming and friendly.
The neighbors report that you will often see people out strolling, walking dogs, pushing strollers with young children, or just doing some local shopping. People who live in this neighborhood enjoy activities such as getting together with friends, cooking, traveling, walking and volunteering. Most parts of South Orange and Maplewood are easily accessible from the area. Within easy walking distance are Columbia High School, bars and restaurants, village hall, banks, boutiques, a supermarket and the famous SOPAC. The South Orange Train Station or a major bus stop can also be reached in just a few minutes.
Most of the homes in this area are diverse in style and relatively historic, being built no later than 1939. In some cases, such as in 319 Prospect Street, they were built quite a bit earlier. 319 Prospect Street was actually built in 1898!
The neighborhood has its own park, off Valley Street near 5th. This park, known as Founder’s Park, has a small playground, swing sets, and numerous benches. It’s a fun place to spend time with your family and friends. The South Mountain Reservation is just a short drive west on South Orange Avenue where you can enjoy recreation areas and hiking trails as well as many other activities.
The neighborhood is within close proximity to major highways, business centers and Newark Airport. It is also just minutes away from major sports and entertainment venues and is just a short drive from ski resorts and our beautiful New Jersey beaches.
Some of the many benefits to living in this area are:
- The bustling South Orange Village is an easy walk away for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- SOPAC showcases a variety of performing arts including theater, music and dance and is within easy walking distance.
- The South Orange Community Pool is within walking distance.
- The South Orange Public Library is easily accessible for a quiet afternoon or story time with the kids.
- Founder’s Park is a great place to gather with neighborhood friends.
- Flood’s Hill Park is just a short distance away for year round outdoor activities. Floods Hill is THE place for sledding in winter.
- Cameron Field Playground is a fun place to bring your kids for an afternoon outside.
- The Baird Community Center, a multi-room recreational facility with adjacent tennis courts, is also nearby.
- Duck Pond, another recreational facility, offers winter skating, bocce and horseshoes.
- Middle School and High School kids can easily walk to school.
For more information on 319 Prospect Street, contact Allison Ziefert at 917-751-0448.