If you are looking for a community to land in that is an affordable alternative to pricier Livingston, Montclair and Maplewood/S. Orange, and super convenient to transportation, recreational amenities dining and shopping, then the St. Cloud Section of West Orange could be a great option for you.
The neighborhood is a wedge shaped area bordered by Pleasant Valley Way to the west, Northfield Ave. to the east, Golf Courses to the north and S. Mountain Reservation to the south. The area is named for St. Cloud Avenue which runs north and south through the neighborhood. The local elementary school is also called St. Cloud.
Although the market for homes in this neighborhood is competitive, the average sale price in this neighborhood is just over $500,000 versus neighboring towns with average prices well into the $600-700,000 range. Here are some recent notable home sales:
12 Rutgers St.
3 BR 1.1 BA
Sold for $395,000
23 Old Salem Rd.
3BR 2.1 BA
Sold for $550.000
46 Rock Spring Ave.
Sold for $625,000
Our team’s Jaime Richter is a resident of West Orange. On living in West Orange Jaime says, “I can go to local favorites such as Harper’s Cafe, Bagels by Jarrett, and many other retail and restaurant establishments within 5 minutes of home.” Jaime also appreciates that the area is home to many other Brooklynites and creatives from the city.
Here are some of the top reasons why people love the St. Cloud neighborhood:
- Convenient for two modes of commuting with jitney service to NYC trains is available from the neighborhood AND there is express bus service available as well along Northfield Ave. St. Cloud is also adjacent to the nearby “park-and-ride” at the Codey Arena.
- A variety of home styles, including ranches, colonials and custom homes for every taste and a range of budgets.
- St. Cloud Elementary is right in the neighborhood. West Orange High School and Liberty Middle School are very close by.
- The JCC of MetroWest is in the neighborhood with a full fitness center, indoor pool and pre-school program.
- The St. Cloud section is next door to the South Mountain Reservation, covering 2,112 acres, is a nature reserve that is part of the Essex County Park System. In addition to the green space and walking trails that the Reservation offers, Turtle Back Zoo, Regatta Playground, mini golf, adventure ropes course and ice skating area are “right there” literally within walking distance of this neighborhood.
- There are multiple golf courses very nearby.
- For grocery shopping, St. Cloud is close to Whole Foods West Orange, ShopRite West Orange and Aaron’s Kosher Market.
- Neighboring Livingston, South Orange, Maplewood and Montclair, both just a quick drive away, for more dining, entertainment and shopping options.
- The neighborhood is close to major highways, business centers and Newark Airport.
If you are curious about the St. Cloud or some of West Oranges other wonderful pocket neighborhoods please contact us. We would be happy to show you the ins and outs of West Orange.
The Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group is a top producing real estate team based at Compass in Short Hills, NJ. We are local market experts, specializing in real estate and homes in Maplewood, South Orange, Millburn/Short Hills, Montclair and West Orange, NJ and the surrounding towns. We are driven by earning great testimonials and referral business from happy clients. You can read our testimonials at www.azhomesnj.com/testimonials.