If you’re at the beginning of your house search in New Jersey, using the Garden State MLS (Garden State Multiple Listing Service) is a simple and great place to start. The Garden State MLS is a valuable resource you can access any time.
So what is the Multiple Listing Service? It’s a service that shows every home for sale listed by a realtor in a certain area. Listings can give all of the specifics of a home like address, age, number of bedrooms/baths, square footage, upgrades, school district, and more. However, only a real estate agent has access to these details, while the public sees a preview with limited information.
Fortunately, the Garden State MLS is one of the most successful listing services in the state. With this listing service, you’ll get up-to-date listings and details on each property. Details include property taxes, town demographics, and school information. You’ll have access to the most complete inventory listings in Northern New Jersey. Plus, you can access the Garden State MLS right here on my website
How to First Navigate the Garden State MLS
- If you want to peruse listings, go to www.azhomesnj.com and look for “Find a Home in New Jersey” near the top of the page.
- Type in the Zip code or town that you’re interested in. There you will find a general listing of each house on the market in that neighborhood. You can also narrow your search by selecting price or number of bedrooms.
- You’ll also see a map of all the properties on the market in your desired town.
- The Garden State MLS also shows which houses have an open house scheduled.
- If you’d like to know a little more about the local communities, the Discover Neighborhoods link, gives you demographics and area info like history, schools, and geography on the specific town or area you’re interested in.
- You can also create an account in order to save your favorite listings and searches and get the latest alerts, which can be extremely helpful to catch properties that have gone on the market in the last day or so.
Once you understand what you’re looking for in a home, you can revisit the website and easily search for available homes that match your needs.
How to Search the Garden State MLS
- The Garden State MLS provides detailed options for home buyers.
- If you’re searching for a house, you can specify town, city, Zip code, number of beds/baths, price range, type of property, and current status.
- Once you fill in the details, you’ll be guided to an advanced search where you can include extras like a garage, basement, fireplace, pool, and year built.
- Any listings that match your criteria will be provided.
Without a real estate agent, you’ll only be getting a preview of these New Jersey listings. A realtor can set you up with a home search where you can access the important details of each listing. Having access to these listings gives an edge toward your search goals.
If you’re at the beginning of your home search in New Jersey, contact me at (917) 751-0448 so I can help make the process easier, fast, and pain-free. I won’t waste your time on homes that do not match your wants and needs. My expert team and I will make sure you have the best possible buying experience.