Public Open House
Sunday, March 11, 2018 2:00 – 4:00pm
Realtor Open House
Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:00am – 1:00pm
Gracious, elegant and an exceptional value. Renovated in 2017, this Montrose gem combines antique details with the newest on-trend finishes. There are multiple fireplaces and tons of light. This is a “forever” home. Enter the sunken living room with original French doors for access to the screened porch and patio. Custom cabinetry and quartz countertops grace new bathrooms and the kitchen. The eat-in kitchen has stainless Jenn Air appliances, a wine cooler, a 6 burner gas range and an electric oven. A convenient mud room and covered side porch are right off the kitchen. The Master bedroom suite has a fireplace, walk in closet, sitting room and radiant floor in the bath. On the second floor is also an office and a conveniently located laundry room. The beautiful hardwood floors have been refinished throughout. The charming attic has two additional bedrooms and a full bath. This home has three zone Central Air, new electrical panel/service and a new hot water heater. It is just a six minute walk to the station and steps to the park, schools, shopping and the library.
The Montrose Park Neighborhood
The Historic Montrose Park neighborhood, where this home is located, is a prime location in South Orange. The area is significant both historically and architecturally. Several streets were originally developed between 1867 and 1874 as part of a development intended to attract wealthy New York businessmen to rural South Orange. When Montrose Park’s impressive architecture is combined with its winding, tree-lined streets, the feeling of a beautiful, peaceful, family friendly community is conveyed. Neighbors love the area for its walkability. Some of the many benefits to living in this area are:
- The bustling South Orange Village is an easy walk away for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- SOPAC showcases a variety of performing arts including theater, music and dance and is within easy walking distance.
- The South Orange Public Library is easily accessible for a quiet afternoon or story time with the kids.
- The South Orange Community Pool is within walking distance.
- Flood’s Hill Park is just a short distance away for year round outdoor activities. Floods Hill is THE place for sledding in winter.
- Cameron Field Playground is a fun place to bring your kids for an afternoon outside.
- The Baird Community Center, a multi-room recreational facility with adjacent tennis courts, is also within easy walking distance.
- Duck Pond, another recreational facility, offers winter skating, bocce and horseshoes.
- Elementary school kids can walk to the Marshall School.
- Middle school kids can easily walk to the Middle School.
- The Montrose Park Historic District Association promotes, preserves and beautifies the Montrose Park Historic District.
3 Halsey Pl. is a place you can easily call home and one you will be proud to share with friends and loved ones.
Contact Allison Ziefert at 917-751-0448 for details and showings.