Public Open House
Sunday, February 18, 2018 2:00 – 4:00pm
This beautifully renovated Victorian has it all. Located in town in the historic Montrose Park neighborhood of South Orange, this property is just steps to the Village and train. Wonderful old world details and quality updates marry old world charm with modern living. Walk through the charming entryway porch and gracious foyer to experience the high ceilings, hardwood floors, spacious rooms, five fireplaces decorative moldings and paneling. The flow is great for entertaining! The kitchen and baths have been renovated for today’s living. And for convenience, the laundry is on the first floor. The master suite has a walk in closet, fireplace and large spa-like bath. High velocity central air has been installed on the second and third floors. The large, private grounds have been professionally landscaped with a large patio, a lily pond and an area with a play set. Enjoy all the town amenities without a car – Village shopping, train, SOPAC, library, park, Baird Center, pool and schools! For more photos go to www.104scotlandrd.com.
Historic Montrose Park
The Historic Montrose Park neighborhood, where this home is located, is a prime location in South Orange. The area is significant both historically and architecturally. Several streets were originally developed between 1867 and 1874 as part of a development intended to attract wealthy New York businessmen to rural South Orange. When Montrose Park’s impressive architecture is combined with its winding, tree-lined streets, the feeling of a beautiful, peaceful, family friendly community is conveyed. Neighbors love the area for its walkability. Some of the many benefits to living in this area are:
- The bustling South Orange Village is an easy walk away for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- SOPAC showcases a variety of performing arts including theater, music and dance and is within easy walking distance.
- The South Orange Public Library is easily accessible for a quiet afternoon or story time with the kids.
- The South Orange Community Pool is within walking distance.
- Flood’s Hill Park is just a short distance away for year round outdoor activities. Floods Hill is THE place for sledding in winter.
- Cameron Field Playground is a fun place to bring your kids for an afternoon outside.
- The Baird Community Center, a multi-room recreational facility with adjacent tennis courts, is also within easy walking distance.
- Duck Pond, another recreational facility, offers winter skating, bocce and horseshoes.
- Elementary school kids can walk to the Marshall School.
- Middle school kids can easily walk to the Middle School.
- The Montrose Park Historic District Association promotes, preserves and beautifies the Montrose Park Historic District.
104 Scotland Rd. is a place you can easily call home and one you will be proud to share with friends and loved ones.
Contact Allison Ziefert at 917-751-0448 for details and showings.
The Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group is a top producing real estate group based at Keller Williams Mid-Town Direct in Maplewood, NJ. Allison Ziefert, a local market expert, specializes in Maplewood, South Orange, Millburn/Short Hills and West Orange, NJ real estate and homes, and the surrounding towns. Allison’s success as a Maplewood/South Orange realtor is driven by earning great testimonials from sellers and buyers of homes in her marketplace. You can read her testimonials at www.azhomesnj.com/testimonials.