Community involvement is part of our mission at the Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group and, as a team, we support many local community events and charities. This year, we would like to expand the reach of our charitable giving and we are excited to announce a new program that we are implementing immediately: If you send us a referral that closes, we will make a $200 donation in your name to the charity of your choice! So please connect us with your family and friends who may be considering a move. We would love to help them and will not disappoint!
Here are some of the groups we are already support in our community:
- Central to our group is our support of Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN) of Essex County. We have partnered with IHN, a non-profit organization that assists homeless families throughout Essex County, by making a donation to them with each closing. To date, we have given more than $5000 to support IHN and their efforts to help local families in need. In addition to making a donation with each closing, we have also sponsored their annual breakfast, hosted an I Do Redo event that raised $1500 for the organization, and collected scores of pajamas for families in need. Our hope is to increase awareness of the organization and encourage charitable giving to their cause.
- Allison has been a long time board member of the Maplewood Village Alliance, a “non-profit special improvement district that includes merchants, property owners and residents dedicated to the preservation, promotion and enhancement of Maplewood Village.” The Alliance sponsors and promotes events in the downtown Village business district to welcome the local community and help create a favorable environment for local businesses.
- One of the events we sponsor as a team is the Maplewood Village Alliance’s Girls Night Out. This fun night of shopping, dining, sipping, music, promotions and more is usually held each June. At this event you can enjoy the seasonal weather as you stroll around Maplewood Village, participating in the festivities and shopping at the local businesses.
- We are annual sponsors of the Maplewood Halloween Parade and Costume Contest, organized by the Maplewood Chamber of Commerce, where we are a judging sponsor. Ghosts, goblins and witches roam Maplewood Village along Maplewood Avenue on October 31st from 3pm – 5pm. The streets are closed to traffic, and the festivities include trick or treating, music, dancing and prizes for the best costumes. A special thank you to the Maplewood Village Merchants for their support year after year.
- We have been a repeat sponsor of the Columbia High School Scholarship Fund which provides need-based scholarships to CHS grads for post-secondary education. The event sponsors pay for the event which allows 100% of ticket sales to go to scholarships. During this special evening in September, donors and scholarship recipients mingle and enjoy a relaxing night out. Guest speakers include former scholarship recipients who speak about their achievements and the president of CHSSF who provides an update on the fund. In 2018, approximately $164,000 was awarded to 130 graduating students and Columbia High School alumni. Since their beginning in 1923, the Columbia High School Scholarship Fund has awarded over $1.3 million dollars to several thousand students. The grants can be used for any kind of post-secondary education.
- Allison volunteers regularly at the Our Lady of Sorrows Food Pantry in South Orange. The Pantry, which was started more than 30 years ago, is a volunteer-led effort supported by the Church and many individuals, businesses, and non-profit organizations from the communities of South Orange and Maplewood. The Pantry is a member of MEND (Meeting Essential Needs with Dignity), a non-profit interfaith support network of 17 food pantries in Essex County. Pantry volunteers shop, transport, and shelve food, monitor food levels and client volume, organize client intake, schedule volunteers, pack food bags, and serve clients.
We will take great care of your referrals and together we can make a difference in our communities.
The Allison Ziefert Real Estate Group is a top producing real estate team based at Keller Williams MidTown Direct in Maplewood, NJ. We are local market experts, specializing in real estate and homes in Maplewood, South Orange, Millburn/Short Hills and West Orange, NJ and the surrounding towns. We are driven by earning great testimonials and referral business from happy clients. You can read our testimonials at www.azhomesnj.com/testimonials.